Ingredients (to serve 6–8)
- 175g caramelia chocolate, broken into pieces
- 110g unsweetened strawberry or raspberry purée – make it at home with 200g fresh or frozen fruit, puréed and passed through a fine sieve, to yield 110g, or use Cap fruit’s Fruit’Purée Fraise aseptique
- 25g honey
- 300ml whipping cream
- Melt the caramelia chocolate in a bowl over a bain-marie.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and set aside.
- Place the fruit purée in a small heavy-based saucepan with the honey and heat gently until almost boiling.
- Slowly pour the hot fruit mixture on to the melted chocolate, incorporating it with a rubber spatula until the mixture is smooth and glossy
- Add the cream to the fruity chocolate mixture, and blend it with a stick blender.
- Pass the ganache mixture through a ne sieve into a clean bowl.
- Cover, and chill overnight (it can be made in advance and stored for a couple of days before whipping).
- When you are ready to serve, whip the ganache with a whisk (electric or hand-held) until it is the consistency of whipped cream.
- Spoon or pipe it into individual cups or pots and serve immediately.
Adapted from Rococo: Mastering the Art of Chocolate’ by Chantal Coady OBE