We asked Food Stylist & Recipe Creator, Charlotte, owner of Dirty N Sweet for the recipe to her Easter Pavlova which features in her Instagram giveaway this week. If your stash of Easter chocolate has left you defeated then this is a fun way to use it up…and will give you a chance to show off your decorating skills!
Over to Charlotte!
6 egg whites
340g caster sugar
2 tsp corn flour
2 tsp white wine vinegar
A Fluffle of Bunnies
A Chattering Chickens
Salted Caramel Truffles
Caramelised Hazelnuts & Macadamia Nuts
Salted Caramel Seagull Eggs
Praline Quails Eggs
Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Artisan Bar (melted – to drizzle over pavlova)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 150 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper. In order to be precise, draw a 12 inch circle on the baking paper.
2. Using 2 bowls, separate your egg yolks from your egg whites and pour the egg whites into the bowl of a stand mixer.
3. Whisk the egg whites until they are firm, if you can tip the bowl upside down and the whites stay in place, you know they are ready!
4. Keep whisking the eggs and 1 teaspoon at a time, spoon in the sugar until all the sugar is incorporated.
5. Reduce the speed and add in your corn flour and vinegar. The mix shall appear glossy and firm.
6. Carefully spoon the mixture onto the baking paper following the circular shape.
7. Place in the centre of your oven and bake for 1 hour.
8. Turn the oven off and leave the pavlova in the oven until cool.
9. Once cool, begin to decorate your pavlova, spoon on the Greek yogurt, decorate with gorgeous Rococo Easter specials, drizzle with melted Rococo dark chocolate and top with berries and pistachio crumbs!
10. Serve as the centre piece of your Easter feast and enjoy!