As we tuck into those winter months, we'll all be craving delicious and indulgent puddings. It's dinner party season too, and the hosts among you must be looking for a simple dessert recipe to serve your dinner table crowd. Luckily for you, our Chocolatier, Evelyne, has crafted a simple recipe for the perfect Tiramisu! Of course, and oh so subtly, we'd recommend using our Artisan Bars as an exquisite pudding topper. So read on, bake away and curl up with a bowl of this rich and creamy after-dinner treat, with a deep roast coffee hit.
So! Onto Evelyne!
Evelyne's Perfect Tiramisu
Serves 6 - 8
A Delectable Pudding: Rich & Creamy, with a Roasted Coffee hit. The perfect after-dinner treat!
You will need:
4 Eggs, Separated
75g Caster Sugar
2 Tbsp Sweet Marsala
2 Tbsp Dark Rum
16-24 Savoiardi Biscuits (or boudoir, if unavailable) depending on size of dish
Cocoa Power, To Dust
70g of Dark Chocolate, to shave across the top, like our Roasted Coffee Artisan Bar or our Artisan Bar Single Origin Plain Dark 65%
1. Whisk 3 of the egg whites until stiff, and then set aside.
2. Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until pale and voluminous, then whisk in the mascarpone, a little at a time, until smooth and well combined - you don't want lumps of cheese!
3. Gently fold the three egg whites into the mascarpone mixture with a large metal spoon, being careful to knock out as little air as possible.
4. Stir the Marsala and Rum into the coffee and pour into a shallow dish. Dip each biscuit into the liquid until it is a pale coffee colour, then arrange to cover the base of the dish.
5. Spoon a third of the mascarpone mixture on top, followed by a good sprinkle of cocoa, then repeat the layers, finishing with a layer of mascarpone and cocoa.
6. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours before serving.
Chocolatier's Tip: You may want to dust the top of the Tiramisu just before serving, to ensure it looks its best. We also recommend shaved chocolate as a topping, for that extra chocolate hit!